Monday, September 22, 2008

Refresh

I've been blogging on a dark template since I first started this thing in 2006. The green/white on black suddenly felt tired today, very much past its expiry date. So, now I have the same template ... except lighter, yeeeah. Does that scream "I don't like change!" ... ? That fear didn't inform my decision as far as I know – I just don't like the other templates. I'm over-thinking this. Last time I checked, my hits didn't warrant fretting over color-selection. (Yeah, that's right; 'color'. After years of including the superfluous U's that distinguish our cumbersome Canadian spellings, I'm done. Expediency and efficiency have won ... and if I write any more about this, it might as well be considered a redundant change.)

Moving on – Chuck and I are considering doing some triathlons when that season starts up again. I have no idea when that is, which may or may not be a fair indication of how prepared we are for such an undertaking. Either way, we did a little workout today which I'm sure was good. I'm guessing though. I think it was good mostly because I felt like vomiting when we were doing the last half of the run. Man, if each workout progresses to that point every time, I'm sure we'll be winners by next year. At the very least I'll be able to explain away my rake-like body type by pointing to a faded number written in permanent marker on my arm.

It was like this:

Bike: 7k
Swim: 3/4k
Bike: 7k
Run: 1k

For a reference point, the entry point for triathlons (Try-a-Tri) looks like:

Swim: 375m
Bike: 10k
Run: 2.5k

Okaybye,

6 comments:

mrcs said...

wow.. we did more than I thought. Sweet. I need to work on my running, but seriously.. I hope we can work up to some harder ones too. we should probably find some people who know what they're doing and get their advice.

maybe not.

kattykatty said...

that just sounds scary to me!

and if you guys are running that much, i surely hope that you have the shoes for it 'cause otherwise you'll have other problems...

looking forward to cheering for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I like using the 'u' in colour. I think it's more proper and appropriate to our English roots and Frenchyness, if I may use such a word.
And yes, you definitely are over-thinking the template.
Cheers to a new Dave Smith blog though!

Beka said...

Aiya! If that was me the "felt like vomiting" would have been a "thoroughly vomited."

Keep up the vomitotious work!

Mrs. West said...

My blog used to white, and now it's black. We're opposite :)

Good luck with your Triatholon dream!

Me said...

Are you guys going for 15 minutes on each segment? If so, that's how long each section of the Hart house indoor Tri is :D

Come run with Resonate on Sunday nights