Thursday, June 28, 2007

Margaret Knows

And it soon begins! TESL work starts next week – I'm anticipating that ... a little nervous because it's a new thing, but our boss said that as long as we don't cry in front of the students we'll be okay. (What kind of advice is that?)

Yesterday involved a little bit of recording with Jeff "the Master" Muir and a lil' bit of Live Free or Die Hard. Ridiculously great movie, ridiculously. Before going to the theatre we listened through the 'Sheraton Sessions' acoustic stuff that we did last week. It sounds really sweet. That huge, wood room warmed the sound right up. Despite my inability to focus yesterday, working with Jeff got me very psyched to get this stuff finished. It has been a year and a half since we naïvely started this venture ... looks like a fall release is acheivable at this point!

On a related, yet completely distinct note; Andy Mckee is awesome. Innovative and incredibly melodic – without fail, this guy brings me pause.


Drifting



Rylynn

4 comments:

christine said...

so tell me
i feel like i need to be updated.
margaret knows.
but what about me?

hehe

Dave said...

Margaret knows how much I love to play guitar. And she doesn't even roll her eyes when I mention it yet, which is good.

Beka said...

That guy is incredible. I think I could fall in love with him - even though he has a huge beard. Now that's something. Honestly though, he's amazing.

I can't wait until the fall. I love your music and can't wait until I have it in my hands and can listen to it whenever I want.

pxpaulx said...

Live Free or Die was always my favorite state motto (go new hampshire). The movie is good, except that hovering jet scene, mostly because it was just toooo much.

I saw transformers last night. bad acting, way too much slow motion action scenes (thanks michael bay). but, the transformers made me giddy. yes, giddy, and i'll fork over another 8.50 to see it in the theater again just to hear the transforming sound as loud as humanly possible.