Thursday, April 19, 2007

One Step Closer to Nowhere

My hands haven't stopped shaking in a week. It makes typing fun. It makes formal introductions awkward. It makes me anticipate next week all the more.

I started a full-time 'Teaching English as a Second Language Course' on Monday. The same week all my finals are due. It's not pretty, and neither is she. It's foreign to me, being prone to pessimism. Maybe this whole cycle will deteriorate into a spiritual re-awakening. That would be great, although I'd much rather that process occur while I'm sleeping.

For the moment, my spiritual re-awakening will be postponed - I can't hit rock-bottom when I've just finished an exam, the sun's shining and I'm going out for dinner with friends. I'll put it off, hitting rock-bottom can wait. I guess that temporarily makes procrastination a good thing?

3 comments:

Mrs. West said...

are you taking the TESOL course? "teaching english to speakers of other languages"?

Jeremy and I were planning on taking it if he didn't get into teacher's college - we were going to spend a year somewhere like Korea teaching. We're still going to - just not yet now that Jer got into school.

kattykatty said...

hey buddio - just wanted to let you know that we've been praying for you over this past week.

missed you at SNG.
people sang. they even did the wave.

believe me.

mrcs said...

U2 U2 U2 DAVE LIKES U2!!!!!!!!1